Our core Juniper Router in Telehouse East is beginning to show high Memory Utilisation. We will therefore perform a planned software upgrade and Reboot on this router on Sunday Evening. Expected downtime is approx 20 minutes.
In most cases the actual outage will be much shorter (or not noticed) since many services will route round the affected router.
However directly connected customers may see a full outage for the 20 minutes of the router reboot. We will update as this completes
[Update 23/5/2021 – 23:40]
This work has completed as planned
In an issue unrelated to those seen over the past couple of days, a beaconing problem on one of our ports at LINX, meant that for a few minutes this morning, between approx. 9:15 and 9:45, a small number of sessions were affected and they saw increased packet loss and increased ping times. The port was reset and traffic went back to normal. Our apologies to those customers affected who may have seen RDP (and similar) sessions drop or response times degrade for that period. And we’re sorry that this came so soon after the earlier ones.
We believe all traffic is back to normal now across LINX but please contact support in the normal manner if you’re seeing any ongoing problems.
We are aware of ongoing problems caused by another attack flooding the networks; we are working on these as before and sincerely apologise that we’re not able to confirm a final resolution just yet. Please bear with us and we will keep updating the status page here as work moves on.
As you’re no doubt aware, we’re still seeing issues from this ongoing attack which are affecting the same services as yesterday. We are working hard to mitigate this but it is the cause of many issues being reported into our support team. As you’ll appreciate, the lines are very busy at the moment and ticket volumes are very high, so please bear with us if replies are delayed a little.
We will continue to update here as we work on this problem.
We are aware of issues still ongoing; we are actively working on these as before to mitigate their effects. We don’t have an ETA at the moment but we will update the status page as soon was we do.
We continue to monitor and manage this issue with assistance from our network team and we aim to provide a further update by 11am.
Thanks for your patience and once again, our apologies for the issues seen.